I'm beginning this blog in order to keep the folks in down in the Mobile area up to date with the comings and goings of us, the Cincinnati Transplants. For those who don't know...we have a contract to purchase a home (its located about 3 miles from where we are now). I am super excited to be done with the boxes and get nesting. The house is fabulous...brick, 80 years old, hardwood, very charming...Archie thinks it's best feature is the laundry chute. Well...perhaps also the milk chute. It's got those arched doorways that I love so much. It's layout is very similar to the one I liked on Devil's Backbone Road. It's got a nice garage and heated/cooled workshop for Phillip. And a huge back patio.
We can now begin searching out our new homeschool group and find a church. It's been getting a bit lonely with Phillip gone a lot of the time and not having any connections here. I think everyone else but me is making contacts. Morgan likes to complain about being here, but all said, she has more friends and has gone more places with them than I have. Phillip suggested using Archie's Tee-Ball as a catalyst for making connections here, but I haven't really found any other parents that are very interested in anything other than the Tee-Ball at hand.
Perhaps being in our new home (in a neighborhood) will help. I've gotta remember...I didn't make the friends I had in Mobile overnight. It's just gonna take longer than I want it to!!
1 comment:
I moved to Columbus in "89", so long ago. You'll do a couple of things and 10 years will go by, and now I have too many friends, a dog, a cat, a couple of kids and a girl I really like. Just sit back relax and enjoy. Though if you keep feedin em "cray fish" you might be a little lonely
Old E
Post a Comment