Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Columbus Bound: Old E and Ann Tie the Knot

My folks came into Cincy around the 17th to stop-over for a night before we all headed to Columbus for the much anticipated wedding of Old E and Ann!

Unfortunately, the entire week before I was laid up with a pretty bad sinus infection, so I still had the lingering yuckiness going on. I wasn't in top form, but still had a nice time. It was great to see Dad's side of the family again. Everyone stayed at the same hotel and it was lots of fun. It turned out that I was a very bad Mama and totally forgot the boys' swimsuits at home. I wasn't up for swimming due to not feeling well, but I figured with that much family around, they'd sucker someone in the indoor pool before too long. So a trip to Wally-World was made and I found some swim diapers for Lawrence and a pair of short pants to sub as a swimsuit for Archie. And true to my prediction, Uncle Tom came to the rescue as a swim partner for Lawrence!




Lawrence and Tyler seem to be having quite the conversation here. Actually, I think Lawrence just wanted to poke him.



Dad was a groomsman in the wedding party, and here he is all dressed up before the wedding. As you can see, I am not dressed up yet. The poor and the handsome, as Sara said.



Catholic weddings usually include the full mass as well as the vows and all that. Lawrence did great through the whole thing until the very end when the cheerios we brought lost their charm. Archie was happy to finish them off, though! For the duration, we walked to the back of the church during the last part of the Mass where the confessional happened to be located. It was a great source of amusement because Lawrence kept pulling the curtains back and playing 'pea-pie' in the confessional.

Or he was hearing confessions, I'm not sure which. "Pea-pie! Your sins are forgiven...go in peace..."

I will preface the rest of the photos by saying this: I don't know why I can't take a decent indoor low-light photo. Most of them turned out rather grainy or reddish, unless I was able to get right in the face of the subject. And even then they're kind of iffy. I've tried messing with the settings, taking it off Automatic and setting it manually. But I still get rotten low-light pictures. Perhaps my camera takes on my personality...I wasn't feeling well, the camera takes a crappy picture. Who knows? Anyway, I would've posted more wedding photos, but they looked terrible. This is the best one I had:

The happy couple! Ann looked beautiful and Old E looked very debonair in his wedding formal attire. They did a fall themed wedding and it was just gorgeous!



I dunno if Regular E planned it or not, but he wore the same colours as some of the bridesmaids!



Dad had eye surgery a few weeks before their trip to Ohio. He's worn glasses all his life. I'm still not used to seeing him without them. He almost doesn't look like Dad. It's kinda like Clark Kent and Superman...



Here's Dad dancing with my new cousin Lindsay.

Poor Lindsay...She asked Archie to dance with her and he totally blew her off. At one point while I was watching Archie dance, she danced up to him. He went on for just a bit, but when he suddenly realized that he was dancing WITH her, he ran away. Burn! She really struck out with the under ten crowd.



Mom and Dad.


Lawrence didn't make it through the whole evening. Here he is snuggling with his Reemie.



Somehow Julie didn't get in this photo. Perhaps it was after she left. In the photo, is my Uncle Tom, Old E's friend Jeff, Uncle Hugh, Dad, Uncle Bill, Old E and Regular E. As usual, the Martys (or E's) aren't smiling. 'Cause Martys don't smile, or so I've heard.



Lawrence is having a dance with Reemie and Bumpa.



Archie has already danced so wildly, he's on the floor.



You can tell we've been to a lot of weddings this year. A LOT of them! I forget what this song is called, but it's standard wedding music it seems. It's been played at all the weddings we've been to this year. And we've been to our fair share. Archie really likes this song as well as the Chicken Dance.

1 comment:

Sandra Lundy said...

Ha! I LOVE Archie's dance moves! So cute!

and that song has been played at every reception I've been to, too! I can't remember what it's called, though :)