Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Thursday, November 19, 2009

School Activities

Archie's fall activities have been winding down.  Indoor soccer at the rec centre ended after the playoff game the week of Archie's birthday.  He still has the pizza and awards party left to do, but we'll take care of that this Friday. 

We love the Zoo classes!  We took one in September and October.  We didn't sign up for November because the class was going to fall very close to Thanksgiving and I wasn't sure what was going on then.  As it turned out, we could've taken the class anyway.  Oh, well. 

Clay and homeschool art at the rec centre are still ongoing, but will be wrapping up shortly.  I will post a montage of Archie's art he created in both classes as soon as we get everything back. 

Circus class wrapped up on Tuesday with the circus performance on Tuesday evening.  Since Phillip was out of town, I was Miss Media with my regular camera and video camera trying to get everything.  I still don't know why I take such crummy indoor pictures...they're all red and grainy no matter what I do.  I guess I could just stick to black and white indoors.  But here they are anyway.  I got all the video with the video camera instead of my digital camera.  I would post a snippet or two, but I just found out my video camera isn't compatible with Windows Vista.  Stupid Vista. 

Archie did super well with the stilts. He was the only one who went forward, backward, side to side, and even hopped on them!





Here he is balancing on the globe.  He turned all around with no help from his teacher! 



Here is about the only half-way decent picture I took all evening.  I hope the video turned out better.



We can hardly wait for circus to begin again in January.  It's a little expensive, but is such a unique experience I have a hard time not taking advantage of it. 

------

We spent a little time at the Zoo lately as well, taking advantage of the nice fall weather.  This particular day was just spectacular mostly because there was nary a school field trip there!  We had pretty much the whole zoo to ourselves!  Got rock-star parking right in front, then we had such nice, quiet time at the exhibits and were able to linger at our favourites.  Not only that, but I was able to pick up our nifty Explorer's Pack while we were there.  Folks around here are afraid to discriminate against homeschoolers, so we get many of the same perks as teachers in brick and mortar schools with the freebies!  Got a cool Ohio Wildflower field guide, an Ohio Tree field guide, a lesson for a fun classification and identification plant project along with some other neat stuff. 

Here are some pictures from the most relaxing zoo day ever!

Notice that we have to strap Lawrence in the stroller.  Because he is a Torrence, after all and is very inclined to escape at the most inopportune moments!  :-)






He liked the carousel, but was getting tired of it toward the end.  This picture was taken just before it started.


1 comment:

luksky said...

I'm very envious of circus class. I have looked around here and can't find anything that comes close to it. Archie seems to be a natural.