Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Anthrax Scare in the Playroom

Lawrence, while he can be somewhat of a handful at times, he keeps us in stitches. I must admit though, at times, I fail to see the humor until later.

After an exhausting day of our regular life, I was relieved that he and Baby made their way upstairs (without me!) to play in the playroom. Archie was at a friend's house. Coffee time for me! Woo hoo! Coffee time stretched into dinner prep without a child hanging on my pant leg. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I kept on working while hoping for the best upstairs.

It was wonderfully, eerily quiet. Phillip arrived home, went upstairs to change clothes, and immediately informed me that something *might* be amiss up there. I went upstairs to find this:







Call Homeland Security! There was an Anthrax explosion in the playroom! Yes, the kids emptied the *whole* baby powder container all over the room. Plus, one or both of them might have climbed up to the top of the change table in order to get said powder. Interestingly, Lawrence owned up to the deed, rather than blaming Baby for it as he usually does. Smart, since he was the one covered head to toe in baby powder! The powder that wasn't resting on all surfaces was floating in the air in the playroom. You could smell it as soon as you hit the stairway. The play farm, toy cars, motorcycle rocker, rideable firetruck, Lydia's walking toy--everything--was completely covered in what looked like a layer of snow.


It took a few days for us to get to the mess, but we finally did. The powder clogged the vaccuum pretty quickly, so I had to take out all the filters to get the mess sucked outta there. The plus side is that the vaccuum smells nice now. The downside is that everything from the ceiling fan to the baseboards has a white powdery film on it.

I asked Lawrence about it here:

1 comment:

luksky said...

What a mess!! I remember when Summer was younger she had an obsession with playing with baby powder. I use to give the bottle to her and make her go outside and play with it.