Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Monday, July 16, 2007

Superman, Revisited

We made it back to Superman Town, aka Metropolis, IL. It was a very nice day. Again, not much of a vacation destination, but as a pass-through, it's just perfect! We had lunch with Phillip first, and then decided to venture to the Other Museum in Metropolis, the Hollywood Museum, or something to that effect. It was an outstanding museum as small-town museums go, and well worth the five bucks entry. All the Hollywood junk they had in there was really cool and, as always, I took copious amounts of pictures. Here's a picture of some Justice League action figures. They had WAY more than these:




No, it's not a store...this is a museum display!




They had a really cool Horror Movie display. Archie was having none of that, however. He had to sit in the front of the museum while Morgan and I toured. Here he is objecting:




In the horror movie display, there was a scary guy whose eyes followed you when you walked past and he said something. Here we are with him. Morgan didn't think he was as scary as I did:






I took this picture of Chuckie, the doll from "Child's Play". Archie says the photo is too scary and he just can't get the picture out of his head. He only saw the picture. Not the doll itself.




The Pamela Anderson display was quite extensive. I mean really, really extensive...Most of it was behind a grating, I guess to protect all the Pam Gear from all the mouth-breathers out there. But there were several mannequins which were wearing some wardrobe items from different shows of Pamela's... VIP, Baywatch and Barbed Wire. I don't know which show this outfit was from, but I was particularly intrigued by the extremely large bust size of the mannequins and the well-defined Pamela Nipples!




But then, after going through the display more thoroughly, I found out the mannequins' secret...Fake Boobs!!!!! Here's a shot of the Boobie Insert under a wardrobe item from the show VIP. Say it's not so, Pamela...Say it's not so!!!!





I had to go to the bathroom at one point, and this is what the inside looked like. The toilet's flushing mechanism was not quite up to par. Just so you know. In case you make the trek to Metropolis.





The bathroom just happened to be located behind the velvet rope of the Houdini display. Archie and I took the opportunity to gaze into the crystal ball:




In the gift shop, we found some Superman Hair. Archie tried it on.




Then we found a Superman Mask...Here is Superman considering the fact that C-3PO and R2D2 happen to be standing right behind him! I mean her...wait a minute...Could Superman be dressing in drag???!!! How shocking! After all these years...you think you know someone...




I decided to cop a feel of some Elvis tushie.




What good is a visit to Metropolis without paying your respects to Big John? After all, he IS bigger than Superman!





The Hollywood Americana museum was more interesting (in my opinion) than the Superman museum. They had a great Elvis display, as well as Laurel and Hardy, The Three Stooges, Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, Nemo, among many, many others. And they're building a great Pirates of the Carribean exhibit. If you only have five bucks and can't decide which museum to go to, never fear! You can visit BOTH museums for the low, low price of $5.00. All you have to do is show your receipt to the other museum! A heck of a deal! And worth every penny!

No comments: