Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Monday, July 23, 2007

Unpacking Many Boxes

We have been very busy unpacking boxes and organizing the household this past week. I am really glad Phillip was working here in Cincy during this time, because he really helped me stay motivated and we got tons done. Archie's room is done with the exception of the curtains and his wall pictures. The kitchen, tea room, living room and dining room are also done except for the curtains and pictures / quilts on the wall. We are waiting for our bedroom furniture (coming on Wednesday) to get our room done.

Morgan has been very busy with her room. She wanted to paint it and decided on a deep red (maroon) color for the walls. The trim is still white. Then she asked to paint her ceiling in a black and white checkerboard pattern. We were very hesitant, not only the weird factor, but I knew it was going to be tons more difficult than she realized. And I didn't want to be six months with her still sleeping on the couch because her room wasn't done. We finally agreed, on the condition that she get it done in a reasonable amount of time. She worked quite a bit on it. And she was really stressing out over drawing the lines straight. I must admit I was getting worried that we were going to have pencil marks on our ceiling for quite a while.

Well...I've gotta say...it turned out great! She isn't wanting to try something like that again anytime soon (it was every bit as difficult as I thought it would be) but the results are just beautiful! It really looks great! I'll post a before and after picture. If it it's not here yet, check back...I've gotta get in there to take a picture of the "after".

Phillip has decided that the basement will be his domain. He has been creating his "man cave" all week. We were informed that we had to get all our crap outta there and hurry up about it! :-) Actually he was a great help for me and we got most of our stuff done this week. We put one of our refrigerators down there (to contain "man-cave" type beverages and snacks) and he has been super excited about "his" part of the house. He has to share just a teeny bit of space with me for my larger scale kitchen gadgets, but it is working out nicely so far.

We got his two Camaros in the back tandem garage, so the front garage can now be used for running cars. Well...his stuff in storage still hasn't made it up here from Alabama. I guess we'll see how it goes...

Archie has been very helpful most of the time with all the unpacking. He has been mostly working with Phillip in the basement and garages. Also the little girl next door (Mimi) has been over quite a bit and it has been nice for him to have someone to play with. Those two get along so well!

We are beginning our "school" work again this week, after the moving hiatus. For some reason he thought he was on summer break. Not moving break. We have done lots of learning during this time and lots, lots LOTS of reading. But I guess it's time to get back to our schedule. With that said, I guess I'd better get done with my computer time and get to it!

No comments: