I know I brag about how great my neighbourhood is often. And I am mostly very happy with it. Mostly. I took my camera to our Cemetery Field Trip and then the drive in movies on Friday. I left the camera in the car when we got home because it was very late and I didn't feel I would be needing it anymore that night. Well, sometime on Saturday someone stole my camera out of my car. In my driveway. In the daytime while I was home. I was looking for it Saturday evening to post some pictures from the cemetery, and I couldn't find it. And when I looked in the car, the glove box contents were all over the front seat and floor. What I don't understand is why they didn't get my MP3 player. My wallet was well hidden because we had been to the drive in and I didn't want it in sight when we were playing Frisbee. So it remained as well. Some jerk-face stole my camera! I just can't believe it. I guess I need to lock in the daytime as well as at night, even when I'm at home. I really miss it. It goes just about everywhere with me.
So I didn't take any pictures for posting while we were at the fireworks Sunday. Speaking of that, I still really, really hate holiday crowds. We picked up Phillip from the Airport and headed to Newport, KY. It was packed. And we couldn't get to the riverfront there due to private events. And the Purple People Bridge was closed to walk across to the Ohio side. This information would've been useful ahead of time. So we left our ten dollar parking place in KY and drove across the river to Cincinnati. We parked a long, long way away from the river and still had to shell out another ten bucks for parking. We made our way to the area where all the "stuff" was going on and the Water Nazis wouldn't let us bring in our bottles of water. Apparently because it might contain vodka. You know...because we regularly have our kids smuggle vodka in water bottles because we like drinking so much.
We got in the WBEN (folks sponsoring the event) area and it was wall-to-wall people. I mean packed. I was absolutely miserable. We were to meet up with a friend of Morgan's and we couldn't find her. We made our way along the river front so, so slowly, jam packed with people on all sides. By some miracle we found Morgan's friend and we left the event area. By this time Archie said he was starving and we found a hot dog vendor who just happened to be down the street out of the crowd. We all got our dogs and ate in the Reds Stadium park. It was very nice because we were the only people there.
We walked to a more sparsely populated area to watch the fireworks. The main part of the fireworks were pretty far away, but you could see pretty well. All in all, it was okay, but not anything I will be attempting next year. Unless someone invites me to one of those private events away from all the people and right on the river. Honestly, I don't know why everyone I've met brags about the Labor Day events. It was a lot more trouble than it was worth.
1 comment:
I hate that about your camera! Someone has tried to steal my stereo out of my car twice in the past couple of years....and it's only a $80 Walmart car stereo. Some people!
Post a Comment