Archie must've gotten a lot out of his lesson...here he is showing my Mom how it's done.
You know you have over-stayed your welcome when your hosts fall asleep while you're there!
So we left. Upon our arrival at our hotel, my Mom thought it would be really funny to knock on my Aunt Julie and Aunt Ann's door and run away. At midnight. I heard a rumor that Julie was "tired and bitchy". It may or may not have been shouted down the empty hallway from room # 220. I don't know...it's probably just a vicious rumor!
The day of the wedding we woke up and congregated in Julie and Ann's room for coffee and donuts. My family, Mom and Dad, Old E and His Ann and Julie and Her Ann. :-) The people in the room next to them were whistling the Adam's Family theme music when they passed by the door...I don't know what that was all about...Like we're weird or loud something???
We ate lunch at the Big Boy with my Uncle John. Both Mom and Dad regretted their burgers after consuming them. I keep trying to tell everyone...The Big Boy nostalgia isn't worth it. Just get a salad for goodness sake!
Here's some of us at Big Boy. These people were sitting at the Old Folks Table. Not the Cool Kids Table. I think Julie's old-ladiness upped the average age of this table by at least 75 years!
After Big Boy, we all got changed and left for the wedding. It was a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding! I was introduced to my Great Uncle Bob at the wedding. I'd met him years ago, but nothing in recent memory. He put his hand up during our introduction and said something like, "After the first generation, I don't want to know anymore." I was a little surprised, because I expected him to mumble a pleasantry or so and move on. But the older men in our family can be a little gruff at times, so I took it in stride and figured it would make for a good story later. At the end of the ceremony, we were to blow bubbles while the bride and groom exited the service. My Great Uncle Bob was having such a great time blowing the bubbles! It was cool to see this gruff old guy so getting into those bubbles! He was truly enjoying himself! And of course, I took pictures when he wasn't looking! Here's one of them:
The bubbles must have had a calming effect on him because during the reception, he gave me a big hug and spoke to me for a few minutes. And, of course, I gave him a big kiss as he was leaving to go home. I do love the older generation! Crabby one minute, sweet as sugar the next. Kind of like Julie!
While the bride and groom were getting pictures taken, and before the reception started, I happened upon this scene:
Do I spy a cooler in the back of that vehicle? Are those Bud Lights that they're holding?? Could it be...Tailgating??? At yet another Logsdon/Johnson wedding??? I just want The Mean Little Man to know that I had no part in these activities. I was just the photographer. Preserving memories. You know...for posterity. And they were all too willing to cooperate!
And just to stir the pot a little more...who do we see here? Could it be Mr. Responsible? My Dad? I can't believe he's hanging out with the hoodlum crowd!
Here are some of the Logsdon siblings. Hugh, in particular, looks like he's got quite a bit of attitude. It's prolly just the sunglasses...because Willie, and Doc made him ride in the "way-back" of the SUV when they rode to the wedding! If you REALLY have attitude, you don't ride in the way-back!!!! :-)
Our dinner was really good. It was some of the best wedding food I have ever eaten! The dinner music was great also. They played some Sinatra and some jazzy music. Archie could hardly wait to dance, so during dinner, he and Old E were trying some moves. You can see them in the video below. Just press one of the "play" triangles, for those of my family and friends who don't love their computers as much as I love mine! Yes, Family members...I have figured out how to put videos in the blog! Watch out!
At some point during the reception, I heard that someone (my Mom, cough cough!) tampered with Nathan's coffee. With bubble soap, then salt. I only hope he has some revenge plan in place, especially since she pushed him in the pool fully clothed when we came to his own wedding a few years ago. Really, Nathan...start planning now!
Here's a picture of me dancing with my Uncle Hugh and Archie. Yes, I will even post goofy pictures of myself! I was singing along. The clip-on tie wasn't a part of my original wedding ensemble, but I got it after Archie got tired of wearing it.
Here's Willie (and his Beret) with Ann and Morgan.
I like this picture of Uncle Tom (The Mean Little Man) with Amber and my Dad. It's too bad that Old E had to geek this picture up with his scowling in the background.
I was dipping Archie in this picture:
Well, I'd better wrap up this wedding recap before I run out of space for the FARMINGTON HILLS recap! Here's a good looking bunch of Logsdons:
Oh, darnit all....only room for one more picture! Let's see...we'll have to make it a good one, since it will be the only representation of Farmington Hills, Michigan. The single most reason why folks would want to visit Farmington Hills...Ah...here we go...
Wait a minute...Who burned the 'dogs!!???
Just kidding Uncle Tom and Aunt Becky...y'all put on a heck of a party! We had a great time and it was really fun seeing y'all again. I'm glad I live close enough now to see y'all more often and to get to know our Northern Logsdons a little better.
1 comment:
It was a great party!! I'm glad I went!
Post a Comment