Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Enough is Enough

I got a letter from First National Bank stating that they were going to raise my APR from the 3.99 percent to a whopping 17.99 percent! Of course, I can 'opt out' of the changes and they will close my account. Phillip got one from Chase stating that they will charge him a $10.00 PER MONTH fee. For what, I do not know. We pay our bills in a timely manner, so the rate hikes are uncalled for.

Since I had to reply to mine in writing, this is the letter they just received via fax from me:

------------------------------------
April 21, 2009


First National Bank Omaha
ATTN: Stephen F. Eulie


SENT VIA FACSIMILE: 402-938-5562

Re: Account No. ****-****-****-****

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is to confirm that I am REJECTING the APR changes you are inflicting upon my account for no reason whatsoever. In this economy, people are having a difficult enough time making ends meet with the debt that they already have. Companies that engage in the practice of price gouging are morally bankrupt and I will not be sending my hard-earned money to support this practice. First National Bank is no better than the sleaze-ball who sells fifteen-dollar bags of ice to hurricane victims.

Regards,

Jennifer Dutton
-------------------------------------------

Phillip was able to get his mysterious fees reimbursed after lots of bickering, and what I suppose was them getting in trouble for charging the fees. Because I saw a news story about Chase doing that recently, and it was reported that they were busy reimbursing all those fees.

I don't have much credit card debt. But what I do have, I certainly don't want to pay the "people who don't pay their bills" rates when I pay mine like I'm supposed to.

First National Bank and Chase...Ass hats, all of them!

4 comments:

luksky said...

Flaming mad! I would be too. Thank goodness Toby and I don't own any credit cards...nor do we ever plan on it for reasons just like the ones you are dealing with now. Good Luck fighting with the big dogs.

Lina said...

That is annoying. .but, please don't hate me. .I am giggling out loud at "ass hats"???? That is a term I am not acquainted with and I am racking my brain and getting all sorts of mental pictures. hahahaha

Lina said...

wow. .the things I learn from your blog and from googling. .
"From the slang expression having one's head up one's ass, thus, wearing the ass as a hat. The term is extended to people who are clueless or bumbling, who don't understand what is going on." hehehe. .still giggling.

Shannon said...

Good for you! I worked for a bank and was amazed at the people who would call the president to complain about their mortgage and get some problem solved by doing that. I often thought it was pretty nervy but it got results. I once had a huge issue with a life insurance company, wrote each member of the board of directors a letter, and got it resolved pretty quickly.