This was the weekend of Summer's Solstice, so Phillip tried the egg trick. Whaddya know: it worked!!
Lawrence enjoyed eating Popsicles. So much, in fact, that he had to be hosed off afterward!
If you're already naked and wet, why hurry to get clothes back on?
There was a bird's nest in Mimi & Pawpaw's backyard. Archie had to be lifted up to get a picture.
In honour of Father's Day, Archie cooked breakfast for Daddy and Pawpaw. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and we asked Granny if she would make her biscuits and sugar syrup. When I make biscuits, Phillip has let me know on occasion that they aren't as good as Granny's biscuits. She was nice enough to cook up a batch for Father's Day morning. I tried to watch how she did it (so I could make good 'Granny Biscuits'). However, like so many of the best recipes, it was done with a pinch of this, and a couple of fist fulls of that. So, I am afraid I will never make biscuits as good as Granny does. However, I got a couple of great tips to improve upon mine. :-)
Phillip left for Houston again on Sunday afternoon. We went to my folks' house to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad. Dinner, dessert and stuff. Mom strictly forbade getting him anything that could at any time be construed as 'junk' because she is overwhelmed by her own junk because of the fire, moving out, then moving in again. So in the spirit of a junk-free Father's Day, I got my Dad a Starbucks gift certificate. SO not junk, in my humble opinion!!!!
This is just the beginning of our summer vacation...more adventures to come!!!
1 comment:
how come when kids are naked outside its "cute" and when I do it they call the cops??
Old E
Post a Comment