Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Photo Montage of our Events of the Summer In Mobile

Since I have gotten so far behind on my blogging I can hardly catch up, I am doing a photo montage of the rest of our Mobile visit. Less yackety-yak and all. Some might be grateful for that!

While in Mobile, Julie took Archie and my cousin, Andrew to an Alligator Farm in Baldwin County. Archie was very impressed, but a little afraid to 'pet' the alligator that the keeper held for folks to touch:



Andrew didn't seem to be as intimidated.



The feeding of the alligators was pretty cool too.



Archie's favourite was Captain Crunch, who he still talks about. I dunno if this is the Cap'n or not, but I liked the chicken foot hanging out of his mouth. Or her mouth. Whatever.



Among other things, we picked and ate copious amounts of blueberries. My folks have quite a few blueberry bushes out back of their house, so we took full advantage. Even Lawrence enjoyed sitting in a stroller with his little cup. We'd put some of our berries in there, and a minute later, he'd have them eaten. He also picked berries off the bush and ate them. Sometimes he ate the leaves. Needless to say, his diaper contents were very um...interesting...while we were visiting Mobile!

We visited the park in Tanner Williams. Here is Lawrence sliding down the slide. His hair is sticking straight up from the static electricity!



The guys enjoyed sliding down together as well:



For the Fourth of July, Regular E was nice enough to invite us to the Buccaneer Yacht Club to participate in the celebrations. We swam in the pool first.



Lawrence seemed to enjoy swimming 'all by himself' here in this floatie.



Regular E is being, well...Regular E. Here is an action shot of Archie getting thrown in the water!



Now doesn't Regular E look cute holding the baby??? Looks kinda natural...



Here is Andrew and Regular E hoisting the American Flag on his sailboat. The finest sailboat in the club, I'd say!



My niece Analise is rocking Lawrence on the club's porch.



Lawrence is inspecting the waves, weather, or whatever sailors inspect.



Regular E took us out on a short sail before the fireworks began. He let Archie steer the boat. Driving??? Already????



I think Analise enjoyed sailing too. Here she is inspecting the interior of the sailboat.



Andrew is at the helm. Wait. Maybe not helm. Bow? Whatever the front is. You know, where you shout that you're the 'king of the world'!



Wouldn't cha know it? Regular E gave me a chore to do when we were turning around. I had to pull a rope, which was attached to a sail. The jib, perhaps?



Lawrence totally missed out on the sail. He napped on the porch instead.



After we got back, we lit our fireworks on the beach. We're not much for noisy or even expensive fireworks. Sparklers and Roman Candles will do just fine, thank you!



One of the things I enjoy most about Sara is how much fun she seems to have at just about every activity! Here she is sparkling!



Our last Mobile activity was to go to a Baybears baseball game. However, we were unprepared for the storm of biblical proportions when we got there, just before the game was to get started. Hence the empty stands around us! In the end, they canceled the game before it even began. Archie and I were pretty disappointed, but we had fun before we had to leave anyway. Here is the gang:



Reemie and Archie:



Bumpa and Lawrence:



And finally, us leaving the park. The announcer-guy had to fuss at Sara (yes, over the loud speaker) for not leaving promptly. She was jumping up and down instead.



Here is Regular E being Regular E again. Archie got an official Baybears hat (which is worn pretty regularly at home) and Regular E is playing keep-away. Isn't that just like an Uncle??



It was really nice to get together with my homeschool Mama friends and close down the restaurant. We had fun playing cards with my very competative family members(There are rules, right, Sara??), we enjoyed visiting with our Mobile church people and being with my in-laws. I'm sure there are things I neglected in my hurry-up-and-catch-up entry here. My apologies. I will strive to not wait a month before trying to re-cap again. :-) We had a nice visit, but the drive home was hell. Nothing major happened or anything, I wasn't feeling well and had a hard time staying alert.

I am beginning to feel my creative juices flow again, and will be recapping a secret wedding, our trip to Michigan for more weddings and shenanigans and a general catch-up on what mundane things are going on around here. See you real soon. Promise!

No comments: