The snow. Arrrgggg! We typically only get one 'snowstorm' per season, where we get around 6 or 8 inches. But currently we're expecting number four this weekend. So with around 18 inches on the ground right now, we're expecting yet another five or six incher coming Sunday night into Monday. I love watching it fall, but navigating through it with two kids and a round belly and tired back is becoming tiresome to say the least. The stuff from the street is banked up several feet at every sidewalk crossing making stroller navigation impossible.
We have been very fortunate that Carol, a fellow homeschooler, has offered to help out with Archie's travel to and from Circus, Magic and homeschool Art classes. She has been such a blessing! The only class we don't quite have covered is Comic Drawing on Wednesdays. So until Phillip takes off for his week of paternity leave and my folks come after that, we're done with Comic class until some of this snow melts.
Lawrence has taken to scavenging and eating the grains of rock salt that comes in the house from our shoes. Perhaps he needs more salt in his diet. *sigh* I am ready for spring.
There was a news cast about what they're doing with all the snow on the airport runways. Apparently they're stacking it in a huge pile out of the way. The pile is currently so big that they expect it to STILL be here in July! Can you imagine?
Here are some snow pics from after Snowstorm # 1. We lost a tree in the back yard because this particular snow was so heavy and wet.
This is an evergreen which hangs over our driveway.
Lawrence enjoyed the snow for a little while.
But he mostly preferred Daddy to carry him around over exploring all by himself.
Who says the birdies only come out in the spring??? Archie had a friend over and they just *had* to climb the downed tree!
Being from the Deep South where snow is scarce, I have never had a snow cone made out of real snow. Since I was at the fabulous Jungle Jim's grocery store a few days earlier and had heard about the predicted snowfall, I decided to pick up some snow cone syrup. You know...just in case! Jungle Jim's has everything! Snow cone syrup in the wintertime, even! Gotta love Jungle Jim's! So here is our bowl of snow taken either off the back porch or off the car, I don't know which.
Real snow cones were a success! This one is watermelon flavoured. And Regular E already asked if we made any 'yellow' ones. No, I didn't. But I can't speak for the boys on that subject!
2 comments:
Looks ccccoooollllddd there!!!
Gosh, I totally remember those HUGE snow mounds hanging around the mall parking lots for months! I always loved the fresh fallen snow, but totally hated the nasty, salty, dirty snow afterwards.
Love the pictures...I'm with Laura, looks very, very cold!
Wish I had a "real" snowcone to snack on...looks delish!
Post a Comment