It's a fabulous name! Archie has been riding his bike lots, which is one of the many benefits of living in a neighbourhood with sidewalks. We have one 'slab' of the sidewalk in front of our house which is being pushed up by a tree root. He has learned to ride very fast down the side walk and pop up his front wheel when he goes over the bump. So, now he has named his bike "Fire-From-the-Ground-Pop-a-Wheelie"! And if it's good enough for a bike, then it's good enough for an article!
Archie read his very first book by himself on Friday! He was very excited! He didn't really believe me when I told him that by the time we were done with school that day, that he will have read a book all by himself! He was doubting until he read the title by himself by sounding it out. He was so proud! I was too! We'll be done with our Kindergarten curriculum at the beginning of the new year. He would've only just begun started Kindergarten this school year if he were in a traditional school setting! I am so happy with his progress. He is really doing nicely. We're doing nicely.
We had a busy week last week trying to finish up our stint with Analise's Flat Stanley. We took him downtown and visited the Red's Stadium, the Tyler-Davidson Fountain (as seen on the show WKRP in Cincinnati), the purple people bridge, the Ohio River and a quick step onto the Kentucky side. We also visited an apple orchard down the street from our house and chatted up the farmer so we could go and get a picture of Flat Stanley picking some apples from the trees. With his trip to Mexico with Phillip and to Metropolis (Superman town), I think he had a very full vacation to share with Analise's class.
This weekend, I spent a bit of time at Mount Airy Forest, hiking the trails all by my lonesome. I took a two hour hike on Saturday and saw some stuff that I wanted to photograph, so I went back on the same trails and got some great pics on Sunday. I went near sunset on Sunday, and fortunately all the deer didn't get the memo that I had actually brought my camera this time, so they were out in full force. I didn't see any larger ones, but some of the deer let me get pretty close to get their picture! I saw some really pretty fungi and wanted to get some closeups.
Here are some pictures:
None of these are flowers! It was very large fungi growing on logs! It kind of looks like I was under water instead of in the forest, doesn't it?
1 comment:
That's the biggest fungi I have ever seen! The forest looks so peaceful.
Post a Comment