I made an arrangement for Archie to ride back to Mobile with Leighanne & Joe so he could visit with the grandparents and cousins down there. My parents will be meeting me in Northern Alabama around July 22 to bring him halfway so I don’t have to make the whole 12-hour journey to bring him home again.
So it was about two hours before he was to leave with Joe and Leighanne. The bottom front tooth has been a tiny bit loose for a couple of years. Lily and Archie were horsing around when we lived in Mobile and he hit his mouth on the back of Lily’s head. Lately, the tooth has gotten quite loose. He has been dying for this tooth to come out! The tooth was so loose; it was just barely hanging there. Archie and Analise were throwing a blow-up ball back and forth to each other along our stairs. All of a sudden Archie runs in my room where I was packing his clothes for his trip and I see blood! Analise threw the ball and it hit him in the lip and knocked out his tooth! He said it didn’t hurt at all and he was so excited! I got his mouth cleaned up while Joe and Phillip looked for and found the tooth on the stairs. Archie was so proud! He was just two hours from leaving for three weeks and it came out! I was worried I would miss the event, but thankfully it all worked out! I told him I would send him something special to Reemie & Bumpa’s house since he was about to leave and we wouldn’t be able to properly celebrate the event. Here he is showing off:


The next morning, I talked to him just after he got done with breakfast at IHOP while on the road with Leighanne & Joe. He told me he was a little worried about how he was supposed to eat his pancake without his tooth, but it all worked out because he ate every bite!
It’s been a bit lonely around here without Archie. And very quiet. The first few days I vegged out on the couch. I got absolutely nothing done. Phillip was home on Friday, which helped to motivate me to get up and get stuff done. We have made a bit of progress on some house construction. Phillip has been diligently working in the basement and I have re-finished the hardwood flooring in the kitchen and dining room. I only have the living room left to do. I am just thrilled with how it is turning out. I don’t know why I’m so goofy about having nice flooring…perhaps it is because so many of our married years have been walking on gross carpeting due to pets, kids, car grease, etc. But for whatever reason, it really matters to me that the floor looks pretty. Especially our flooring because it’s original to the house, done in a beautiful pattern you don’t see in new houses. The kitchen flooring is not original, but is hardwood. It is hard to keep nice because of the water and food spills. But it looks good right now!
The kitchen:

The Dining room:
So it was about two hours before he was to leave with Joe and Leighanne. The bottom front tooth has been a tiny bit loose for a couple of years. Lily and Archie were horsing around when we lived in Mobile and he hit his mouth on the back of Lily’s head. Lately, the tooth has gotten quite loose. He has been dying for this tooth to come out! The tooth was so loose; it was just barely hanging there. Archie and Analise were throwing a blow-up ball back and forth to each other along our stairs. All of a sudden Archie runs in my room where I was packing his clothes for his trip and I see blood! Analise threw the ball and it hit him in the lip and knocked out his tooth! He said it didn’t hurt at all and he was so excited! I got his mouth cleaned up while Joe and Phillip looked for and found the tooth on the stairs. Archie was so proud! He was just two hours from leaving for three weeks and it came out! I was worried I would miss the event, but thankfully it all worked out! I told him I would send him something special to Reemie & Bumpa’s house since he was about to leave and we wouldn’t be able to properly celebrate the event. Here he is showing off:
The next morning, I talked to him just after he got done with breakfast at IHOP while on the road with Leighanne & Joe. He told me he was a little worried about how he was supposed to eat his pancake without his tooth, but it all worked out because he ate every bite!
It’s been a bit lonely around here without Archie. And very quiet. The first few days I vegged out on the couch. I got absolutely nothing done. Phillip was home on Friday, which helped to motivate me to get up and get stuff done. We have made a bit of progress on some house construction. Phillip has been diligently working in the basement and I have re-finished the hardwood flooring in the kitchen and dining room. I only have the living room left to do. I am just thrilled with how it is turning out. I don’t know why I’m so goofy about having nice flooring…perhaps it is because so many of our married years have been walking on gross carpeting due to pets, kids, car grease, etc. But for whatever reason, it really matters to me that the floor looks pretty. Especially our flooring because it’s original to the house, done in a beautiful pattern you don’t see in new houses. The kitchen flooring is not original, but is hardwood. It is hard to keep nice because of the water and food spills. But it looks good right now!
The kitchen:
The Dining room:
1 comment:
I am SO jealous of your beautiful wood floors. I hate having to keep carpet clean.....atleast I know what's on the carpet in my house since we are the first owners. :-)
Post a Comment