Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Nose Turns Red--Circus Class Performance

I finally have found some time to post some of our Thanksgiving pictures and adventures. We've had lots going on since we got back, which I'll tell about soon. First things first.


Archie has been taking circus class on Mondays for a couple of months. The class is taught by a guy who used to perform in a circus as a clown. He now teaches clowning for kids at different levels. They learn a variety of stuff--balancing objects, clowning, juggling, stilt walking, acting techniques...lots of stuff. We are SO signing up for the winter class too! It was a fantastic experience! A shameless plug for My Nose Turns Red Theatre Company: http://www.mynoseturnsred.org/


The night we were to leave Cincinnati to come to Mobile, Archie had his circus performance for the circus class. As soon as we got there, kids were walking, hopping, and yes, even running on stilts. Archie was no exception. I could hardly believe it! He was just great at the stilts! He was hard to capture with the camera because it's tough to hit a moving target. Archie said he couldn't stop or he'd fall. So the picture here is a tad blurry.





For the performance, they all showed their stuff on the stilts, balanced a peacock feather on various body parts, did a clowning act and balanced on the giant ball. During the performance, the kids all wore cute little red noses (get it? My nose turns red??!!) as shown below:





I'm going to post a couple of short videos of Archie's performances, which are more fun than the still photos. There are three--First one is walking on stilts, second one is feather balancing and the third one is balancing on the big red ball.




I love that there are so many interesting opportunities here in Cincinnati, like circus class, zoo class, classes at the museum centre, art stuff, classes at the city rec centers...I could go on and on. One of the blessings of living in a large city is all the cool stuff it has to offer. Especially since we homeschool. It's that much more important that we get out and have lots of different types of learning experiences.

Circus class was a blast and was well worth the money spent. We can't wait til January to start back again!

3 comments:

Sandra Lundy said...

Circus Class.....how cool is that! I'm sure he's had a blast :)

Spaz said...

How very cool was the ball balancing...

...and just for the record, I DO take note how you rub it in about all the awesome opportunities you have...you and Laura both, shame on ya'll. (JK ~wink~)

luksky said...

Circus class sounds like something Summer would enjoy....I'll have to research and see if they have anything like that here