While the bigger boys were hunting, Lawrence, my Mom and I went on a tour of my brother's new-to-him sailboat. It's a beautiful boat, made of wood instead of fiberglass. It is named the 'Sea-Saw' since it was built from wood. It was built by a guy from Canada, who sailed it in one of the Great Lakes. Marty had it shipped down during the summer. It was too windy to go for a sail, so we just explored the boat in it's slip down at the Buccaneer Yacht Club.
This is the aft sleeping cubbies. Pretty tight in there, I'd say!
Mom and Lawrence trying out the forward sleeping area. Again, you'd have to be pretty good friends to sleep two up here, unless one person was a baby! Lawrence really enjoyed laying in the boat. I suppose the gentle rocking in the water might have reminded him of being in Mama's tummy.
In the slip.
I was standing in the entrance of the cabin area.
We enjoyed the sea breeze and the smell of the salt air. It had been a long time since I'd visited the water. Too long.
We're hoping for a sail next visit.
2 comments:
Too windy for a sail boat???? HMMMM
Old E
beautiful boat...the wood is gorgeous! but whoa! those are some tight sleeping quarters! I think I may be a breeze-in-the-face sort of boater, lol! :)
Post a Comment