Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Toys, Toys, Wonderful Toys!

I have been feeling quite disorganized since the birth of Lydia. Well, on second thought, I'd say since mid-way through my pregnancy with Lydia. I've been feeling three steps behind everyone else. The adjustment to three kids has been difficult. Being late for just about anything always stresses me out, and with three kids I feel like I'm always late. Even when I'm at home, I'm always behind. It never fails that just as I'm walking out the door, someone blows out of their diaper. For those without kids, this means poop gets everywhere--involves changes of clothes for them, and sometimes me too, and has involved needing a bath! Or someone forgets something, I can't find keys, baby sling, or something else, or I have to spend time running after someone (Lawrence) who just decided he wants to play in the yard now.

I have really missed writing my blog--I have lots going on that I would love to write about, but I am having a hard time getting started because I feel like I've go to catch up on all the stuff I missed over the past couple of months. Which makes it really hard to start. So I'm just going to start from where I am right now, and if I get time, I'll do a photo montage of what's been going on previously. I hate being behind.

So our recent big news: We've added a couple of toys for grown-ups to our repertoire. We don't spend money like this very often, but when we do, we like to get our big purchases out of the way all at once! A little something for Phillip and a little something for me. My thing can wait til tomorrow. First things first.

While it's been tough being a one car family for lo these past several years,--and no the motorcycle doesn't count as a car-- it has paid off in spades for Phillip. It enabled him to get THIS:

*said in a Bob Barker voice*--IT'S A NEW CAR!!!!!!



No, not just any car...



Ain't it purdy???


It's been a long time coming, and Phillip says it's everything he hoped it would be and more. It will be referred to hereafter as simply, "The Car". You know which one. The Car.

Lawrence seems to really dig it.


For those so inclined--Here is what's under the hood.


Archie thought it would be funny to walk like an Egyptian in front of The Car, "because cars weren't invented during the time of Pharaohs, silly!"


The odometer reading at the time of purchase. 13 miles on The Car!! And yes, the speedometer does read up to 180 mph.


Phillip and Ben The Salesman admiring The Car.



The sales guy really had to earn his money with Phillip...he's been dreaming for about a year now (went to the dealership that long ago to drool) and the guy has endured his tirades about performance vs. all the other crap they put on cars, why they would even bother to make a Camaro in a V6 (or with *gasp* an automatic transmission??) if you're gonna drive one, drive one, man! And the evils of government safety devices. And don't get me started about the Onstar! Someone can potentially turn off your car from a satellite???? AAAAAKKKK!!! Don your tinfoil hats, folks...The Man is watching!

Lawrence really, really enjoys being inside it. Phillip has even let him turn the key to start it. Which is more than I've done!


I did test drive one before purchase. And it was really fun to drive! I miss driving a standard. Automatic just isn't the same.

I asked if the other key we got was for my key ring. Then Phillip started with all the 'rules' for carrying a key...Keys must be on your person at all times, no leaving them unattended, no I can't put my keys in the key bowl (our key storage place), etc., etc. So I told him I don't want a key. He can keep it. I've got enough crap to remember right now.

We went to pick up a couple of things from the grocery store. Everything had to be double-bagged in case of leakage. *sigh*

So I won't be driving it until he gets a little less Nazi-ish. I can't take the pressure! I did ask him on Sunday night to take me on the test drive he didn't get to do (the one most people would do driving a sports car!) because of the two salesstilmen present in the tiny back seat of the car. That still makes me giggle, seeing those two grown men squeezing in back there, and professing that there's "more room than one would think back here!" hee hee!
Riding with Phillip made butterflies in my stomach! It is fully capable of taking one's breath away!

I am really happy for him that he got exactly what he wanted and he really seems to enjoy The Car. Here he is leaving the dealership. He left me in the dust shortly after I took this picture.


On the second video, I had my car floored trying to keep up with him on the on-ramp to the highway. *sigh*

Of course, I HAD to miss recording the time he stalled out...Oops...Did I say that out loud? hee hee!

I'm probably not good at conveying the jubilation felt at obtaining this speed machine. It's hard to do that for another person. Even though I tease him a bit, I truly am happy for him. The process of getting The Car has been long, drawn out, and painful at times. It's been much like child birth. Greatly anticipated, an emotional rollercoaster, and a painful process there at the end. But the end result is joyous!

1 comment:

luksky said...

Total lust!!! I love it!! I bet he is in "hogs heaven". I can't wait to see your toy!! :-)