Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Death and Life

I am really struggling with the words for the experience of the death of Phillip's Dad, which is what happened at the end of June of 2013.  I don't know that I can write about it now, but here is where it would be chronologically.

Watching Pat experience the move from this world to the next is...well...apparently not something I am able to write about yet.

I am able to say that this was a point of many realizations for me.  I saw again what a strong and admirable man I had chosen as my life's partner.  This move, and this experience with Phillip's family was a point of transition.  I saw something moving within his spirit I hadn't noticed before.  And I saw leadership in him which was very reassuring and healing for me.  With regard to Phillip's parents, they are an inspiration and a great example of love "in sickness as well as in health".

I will add more in my book for the sake of the kids.  Phillip wrote an outstanding and moving eulogy which I will include in the yearbook.  I just am not able to put it all out there in a public fashion.  And I am just not ready to write about it yet.

Archie and Pawpaw.


 Here is a picture of Lydia helping to care for Pat by putting lotion on him.



 During this time, four days before Pat's death, we celebrated Linda's birthday.  What a time to have a birthday.  The grandkids made a huge fuss over her and threw her a party.  She loved it and Pat would have been very pleased.  He loved having his whole family together celebrating.

The display of pictures of Pat below were put together to be used at the funeral.



Happy Birthday, Mimee!


Lawrence and his cousin, Emilee.





Beautiful ladies!  Lydia, Mimee, Granny and Annalise.




No comments: