Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Friday, June 15, 2007

The Champions Represent in Cincinnati

After we got back from Columbus, the Champions (my Mom's brothers and families) were waiting for us in Cincinnati. Mom comes from a large family. Many of them were here. I was particularly fond of Mike's shirt which reads: Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow! Here is a photo of some of our family:




The house was full of laptops to see photos of exploits from all over the world: Regular E in Peru, Mike in Japan, Greg in Iraq and Kuwait, and Chris, Sue & Elisabeth in Russia. I should have gotten my Mexico pictures out!! We really are world travelers, this family!! Regular E's photo of the skinned Guinea Pigs at the market in Peru was probably the weirdest picture. Greg's aerial of Iraq, from the perspective of looking down the barrel of a machine gun was the most interesting.


Greg had fun playing with Archie's toys. I'm sure if he and Mike had found the light sabers the previous night, the house would've been a disaster when I got home. Here's Greg wearing the Superman Laser Eyes:




Archie has a new love in life: my cousin Elisabeth! She's 15 years old. I guess he likes older women! He chatted her up all day long and was constantly glued to her side. At one point he called me over to the trampoline where they were both jumping to ask me what our phone number is. (He knows the Mobile number, but not Cincinnati yet.) I told him, and he repeated it to Elisabeth, saying, "You can call me anytime". What a ladies' man! While saying his prayers the next night he said he was thankful to Jesus for having Elisabeth to play with him! Fortunately, he'll be able to see her sometimes in the next several weeks while they are here in Cincinnati on hiatus from Russia!

I wanted to give a quick 'shout out' to Greg and Mike. I noticed that someone short-sheeted the bed I was sleeping in and I know y'all had something to do with it. My Mom was sleeping UPSTAIRS!! Not on the couch bed! Come on now!! Get it right, next time!!

1 comment:

hestiahomeschool said...

I have the same t-shirt. I am great at procrastinating...

Welcome to the Cincy area! Isaw your link on the CHS list. I have a blog, too,


Come visit our daily blog at http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/ to share our lives!

We live in Newport in the historic district. Do you belong to H2H or HSN? They are both great homeschooling support groups.
love, Kas