Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim! ~Dory (Finding Nemo)

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Jungle Jims and the Reds

I was able to show my folks the house we're going to buy. I think they liked it and I find that I love it more and more every time I see it! I will have to get some pictures posted. After a little lunch, we went to Jungle Jims, a weird grocery store here in Cincy that has just about anything you can imagine! It sounds pretty lame for me to take visiting folks to the grocery store as an activity, but I've yet to find anyone who didn't have a great time and thoroughly enjoy it! It's a bit different than your average store.
After Jungle Jims we went home for dinner, then to the Reds baseball game. Fortunately the weather cleared up and the game weather was wonderful, but a little hot. They were giving away hats to the first 20 thousand to arrive. We made it in time for the hat! And it even has blond hair attached in honor of Bronson Arroyo! In essence, a good many of the stadium crowd looked like blond women at a glance from the back! I think the blond hair attachment made an ordinary hat just a bit more fun! Here's a picture of Archie enjoying his hat:

Yes, I know the hair makes him look a bit girly. But to be fair, we were all looking a bit girly as you will see below. This is Regular E (my brother, for those who don't know) and me:


And Mom and Dad. Well, Mom looked a bit like a bag lady in her hat:

Morgan was too cool to wear her hat. I hope I am never too cool to wear a goofy hat. After a while, my Mom thought it might be a good idea to take the hair off of the hat and use it as a beard.


A good time was had by all. The game had quite a nail-biter ending and the Reds pulled through 4-3 over the Cleveland Indains. After the game was over, we stopped for a photo on the upper deck of the stadium.


Morgan didn't want to be photographed with us, so she took the picture. Here's a picture of the stadium at night:


After we left the ballpark, we waited by the river for the traffic to clear out a bit. I took this picture of Bumpa and Archie by the river, still wearing their Arroyo Hair:
We're heading to Columbus tomorrow to visit Old E (my uncle) after Archie's Tee-ball game. It seems as though we are always going somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, yall seem to be having so much fun. It almost sounds like yall are just on vacation and you will be back home soon. The kids and me have to plan a trip up there too one day.
Cant wait to see the pictures of you new house.
Keep it up.
.............Hey wheres my spellcheck option.
Janis