As it seems to go these days, I am woefully behind in my updates. It seems like everything takes a lot of energy I just don’t seem to have—even writing!
Back in mid July, I picked up Archie from Joe Wheeler State Park in Huntsville, Alabama. My folks brought their fifth wheel RV and we stayed for a few days. I wonder if I will ever be invited back to stay with them, because they kept referring to the RV as “The Arctic” because I liked it cooler than they were used to. While my parents and Archie were bundled up in jeans with quilts around them, I was sitting around in shorts and tank-tops still feeling warm.
To be fair, the heat and humidity was quite stifling when I got out of the car upon my arrival. I had forgotten about Alabama humidity! Plus, my feet and toes were huge from pregnancy swelling and the weather.
I didn’t get a huge amount of pictures, as I am finding that when I’m tired and crummy-feeling, I tend to not take as many photos. But here are the surviving few:
The deer were so plentiful in the park! We took a short drive to look around the park in the evening and kept seeing more and more deer. What’s more, is that I could pull up RIGHT beside them and they would just stand there and graze. They all looked rather on the small side, but it was cool seeing so many!

Speaking of the wildlife, I have never, ever seen one of these outside of a zoo before. A beaver! How cool is that??? You may have to click once on the picture to see it better.
.JPG)
Archie and I are in front of the big fireplace at the lodge.

Here we are at the lake.

The lake was okay for swimming, but I have apparently acclimated to the Northern way of swimming—cold water! The lake water was about the same temperature as the Gulf of Mexico. Bath temperature. So a dip wasn’t as refreshing as it could have been. But Archie had a ball anyway. It was tough to get him outta there.

We had a nice time visiting, playing games, exploring and watching all the deer! I enjoyed Joe Wheeler, but I found Monte Sano State park to be nicer because of the hilly terrain. We chose Joe Wheeler because there wasn’t any swimming at Monte Sano. So it was preferable to go to a place with swimming, especially in mid-July when hiking would have probably been miserable at that time. Well, especially for those of us with about thirty pounds of extra weight!
Back in mid July, I picked up Archie from Joe Wheeler State Park in Huntsville, Alabama. My folks brought their fifth wheel RV and we stayed for a few days. I wonder if I will ever be invited back to stay with them, because they kept referring to the RV as “The Arctic” because I liked it cooler than they were used to. While my parents and Archie were bundled up in jeans with quilts around them, I was sitting around in shorts and tank-tops still feeling warm.
To be fair, the heat and humidity was quite stifling when I got out of the car upon my arrival. I had forgotten about Alabama humidity! Plus, my feet and toes were huge from pregnancy swelling and the weather.
I didn’t get a huge amount of pictures, as I am finding that when I’m tired and crummy-feeling, I tend to not take as many photos. But here are the surviving few:
The deer were so plentiful in the park! We took a short drive to look around the park in the evening and kept seeing more and more deer. What’s more, is that I could pull up RIGHT beside them and they would just stand there and graze. They all looked rather on the small side, but it was cool seeing so many!
Speaking of the wildlife, I have never, ever seen one of these outside of a zoo before. A beaver! How cool is that??? You may have to click once on the picture to see it better.
Archie and I are in front of the big fireplace at the lodge.
Here we are at the lake.
The lake was okay for swimming, but I have apparently acclimated to the Northern way of swimming—cold water! The lake water was about the same temperature as the Gulf of Mexico. Bath temperature. So a dip wasn’t as refreshing as it could have been. But Archie had a ball anyway. It was tough to get him outta there.
We had a nice time visiting, playing games, exploring and watching all the deer! I enjoyed Joe Wheeler, but I found Monte Sano State park to be nicer because of the hilly terrain. We chose Joe Wheeler because there wasn’t any swimming at Monte Sano. So it was preferable to go to a place with swimming, especially in mid-July when hiking would have probably been miserable at that time. Well, especially for those of us with about thirty pounds of extra weight!
1 comment:
I wished I had looked as sexy 9 months pregnant in a bathing suit as you do! Glad to see you posting again....that baby should be here anyday I would think??????
Post a Comment